I just ate this for lunch and as a side with dinner four days in a row….yes four! It’s that good! Well, that and I seem to be the only one who will eat butternut squash at the moment – and butternut squash are big. I’m not sure why but my LO loves it one night and won’t touch it the next. I’m pretty sure it’s common at his age. Anyways, we’re heading out to Florida in a week (super excited) so I’m trying to use up what we have in the house instead of grocery shopping, think butternut squash, romaine lettuce, arugula, the last cucumber and red pepper from the farm stand. I also had a ton of stuff I needed to get out of the garden before we leave, including multiple types of beets (I need to pull up the majority of the carrots too but that’s for another day).
Beet and Butternut Squash Harvest Salad; Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Nut Free Recipe
- Ingredients are "per salad"
- 2 cups lettuce of choice (I like a combination of romaine and mixed greens)
- 1-2 roast beets
- 6 slices cucumber
- 3 tbsp chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup cubed roast butternut squash (I'll post how I roast them later)
- 3 tbsp roast squash seeds [https://anotsosimplelife.com/how-to-roast-winter-squash-seeds-butternut-acorn-spaghetti-delectica/]
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
For the Dressing
- [Good Seasons Salad Dressing Mix]
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (We use [Kirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil]
- 1/3 cup Vinegar of Choice (I personally like [Organic White Wine Vinegar ] * I like to use extra vinegar - there are lines on the bottles you can follow if you have the salad dressing bottle
- 2 tbsp water
- Wash and chop your peppers lettuce, and cucumbers. Place your lettuce on the plate. Add cucumbers, peppers, sliced beets, and butternut squash. Top with roast squash seeds, dried cranberries and dressing. Enjoy!
[…] Leftover Beet and Butternut Squash Harvest salad with Roast Squash Seeds for me, Leftover roast chicken thighs, apple sauce, roast beets and […]